Protein, Produce, and Water = PPW. Consuming protein, produce, and water three times a day is PPW3. All the other food and drink I take in, is extra and often lands as extra fat on my hips, in my gut, and just all around. My body feels healthier and looks leaner if I stick to Protein, Produce, and Water three times a day. (PPW3) To help keep me going, I've brought back this favorite from the depths of my cookbook.
Chicken Veggie Pad Thai
- 2 pounds cooked chicken meat, cut into small 1” chunks
- 3-4 Tablespoons extra virgin coconut oil
- 5 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 Tablespoons Fish Sauce
- 1 Tablespoons Coconut Aminos
- 4 Tablespoons fresh lime juice (or use a bottled lime juice)
- ½ Tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 12- ounce package of broccoli slaw
- 4 medium carrots shredded or cut into small strips
Heat a skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add coconut oil, fish sauce, coconut aminos, lime juice, and vinegar. Add broccoli slaw and carrots. Cook, stirring frequently, until soft but still firm, about 3- 4 minutes. Add chicken and garlic and cook until heated through.
To make your own broccoli slaw use just the stalk ends of broccoli and run it through your food processor. It's messier then buying the bag of slaw at the store but it uses up those stalk ends.
Toss or garnish with and cilantro. Enjoy!
Enjoy Good Food and eat PPW,