I recently watched an interview with Colin Milner, CEO of the International Council on Active Aging, and I was inspired by listening to this really smart and passionate man talk about what he has learned being on the front lines of active aging. I would highly encourage you to watch this short interview included at the end of this article (click the pic). Here are some highlights that really stuck out to me.
1. Active Aging is about "Being Engaged In Life". It doesn't mean you have to climb mountains or run farther. It's about getting off the sidelines and participating in this crazy wonderful thing called life.
2. While government involvement can be important at times, it about "changing lives, not passing a bill". I love that. What can we do personally to stay healthier and help others get active?
3. It's about the individual saying "Me, I want to live a better life, here's what I am going to do to achieve that. Very few people can change your mind without you participating." BOOM!
4. "Start Moving, Don't Stop". Colin cuts through all the confusion about exercise with those four simple words. Get active, stay active. Start small, start big. Doesn't matter. Just start, and never stop.
5. "You Earn Your Health Span". You want to be healthier? You have to work for it. Health is not in a pill or potion. Health is earned with movement, eating nutritious food, and getting good sleep. Those things all take some effort. And you get to control that effort. No really, you do.
Call this a sales pitch if you want, but here's my ask. What are YOU doing as an individual to get and stay engaged in life? Many of you train with us as a part of your efforts, and for that we are grateful. Do you know someone else that needs a little Cr8 Fitness in their life? We would sure appreciate you sharing how we have helped you, and then send 'em our way.
Or maybe you have been on the fence for awhile about getting started with us. NOW is the time to take the leap and get started. 2019 is almost over, 2020 sits wide open in front of us. Take action now and fill out a training registration.
Being Engaged In Life Starts With You. And if you let it, it starts today.
Make It Happen!