Summer is such a great time to enjoy a meal served cold. This meal travels great so enjoy it for your lunch break or bring it in your cooler to the beach. It's refreshing and feels light. Cantaloupe are in season and that makes it the perfect time to make this dish.
Chicken Salad with Cucumber and Melon
- 6-8 ounces Cooked chicken, chopped (your portion size)
- ½ cup of diced cantaloupe or honeydew melon
- ½ cup finely chopped cucumber
- ½ cup finely chopped tomato
- 2 Tablespoon lime juice
- 1 ½ teaspoon orange juice
- 2 teaspoons light olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon cilantro
- pinch of pepper
Combine lime juice, orange juice, olive oil, cilantro and pepper in a jar. Shake to combine. Mix everything else into a large bowl. Drizzle with dressing and toss ingredients to coat everything.
This is fantastic, but don't rely on me. I invite you to make this yourself and then tell me what you think!
Enjoy good food,