One of the easiest, fastest ways to prepare a meal on a chilly Fall day is Chicken Enchilada Soup in the Crockpot. There is little to no chopping or cleaning of veggies. There is a few cans to open and spices to mix in. BAM- great tasting soup.
Crock Pot Chicken Enchilada Soup
- 1 onion, chopped (I use the frozen chopped onion)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 8 ounce can of tomato sauce
- 1 – 2 teaspoons of Chipolte chili in adobo sauce (you can add more if you like the heat)
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped or 2 Tablespoons dried cilantro
- 1 15 ounce can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 14.5 ounce can of petite diced tomatoes
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- 3 skinless chicken breast (I use frozen chicken breast)
Pick your favorite for garnish:
scallions, chopped cilantro, cheddar cheese, jalepenos, avocado slices, black bean dip, or salsa
To make the soup.
Add the ingredients, except the garnish, to a crock pot in the order listed after with the onion. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours. Using two forks, shred the chicken. Adjust the seasonings. Serve in bowls and top with your favorite garnish. Serves 6.
BAM, Great food fixed simply,