I’ve shared this recipe several times and everyone has always raved about it when they prepared it. It is easy but looks and taste sensational. I serve this with roasted mixed veggies and a side salad. I know when I serve this meal, I am assured that my family has food that will keep them happy, but that I am not filling them just to fill their bellies. I’m giving them food that will fuel their bodies.
Golden Crusted Almond Pork Loin
- 4-pound boneless pork loin roast
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 4 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Season pork with salt and pepper and rub with mustard.
- In a food processor, with the motor running, add garlic and process until minced. Add almonds and parsley then pulse until mixture is finely chopped.
- Pat almond mixture over roast, pressing to coat well.
- Place roast on a rack in a shallow roasting pan and cook for 2 hours until the crust is lightly browned and a meat thermometer inserted into the center of the roast registers 155 to 160 degrees.
- Transfer roast to cutting board and let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
- While the pork is cooking, prepare the sauce.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, simmer chicken broth until reduced to 1 cup.
- Reduce heat and whisk in the mustard. Whisk in butter, a few pieces at a time, until butter is incorporated and the sauce is smooth.
- Serve the pork roast with sauce.
(If you don't have time to make the sauce, like I didn't yesterday, don't panic. No one missed it) The pork doesn't need it. Its one of those special things that makes it just shine even more.
Enjoy your food,