This salad will get you ready for the warmer weather. It's the perfect dish for a summer barbecue. It's excellent with grilled shrimp or chicken, and you can also place this salad on top of lettuce greens.
Watermelon Salad with Balsamic Dressing
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 medium seedless watermelon, cubed
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup fresh mint, chopped
- Black pepper, to taste
In a small mixing bowl, whisk together vinegar, olive oil, mustard, and garlic. Season with salt and pepper and set aside. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Spread two-thirds of the watermelon on a serving platter. Top with red onion and mint, then season with pepper. Pour dressing over salad and garnish with remaining watermelon cubes.
To your best health,