My garden usually doesn't have much success growing carrots. In fact any root vegetable in New England tends to be overshadowed by the rocks that grow in the ground. Since Dean added raised beds this year to our gardening we've been able to see carrots grow much better. In fact after Thanksgiving this year I harvested the last of the carrots. Instead of throwing a bunch of sugar on these carrots for traditional carrot cake, these overnight oats remind me of that wonderful Fall dessert. And I get to eat it at breakfast!
Carrot Cake Overnight Oats
- 3/4 cup milk of your choice (I used 1/2 coconut milk and 1/2 water)
- 3/4 cup of old fashioned oats
- 2 tablespoons of finely shredded carrots
- 1 tablespoon of raisins
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 scoop vanilla UMP protein powder from Beverly International
- 1 tablespoon of shredded coconut (optional)
- 1 tablespoon chopped walnuts (optional)
The easiest way to mix and store this oatmeal is inside a mason jar. I mix all the ingredients in the jar and give it a shake or two. Then seal up the jar, place it in the fridge for a few hours or overnight. Enjoy.
You can heat up the oatmeal at this point if you like, but the great part about this recipe is that they are ready to go right out of the refrigerator! Its a Grab -N- Go breakfast meal.
Enjoy good food,