Time saver is one of the best things I like about the crockpot. Another is the fact that I can place frozen items into the crockpot. I often make an entire meal in a freezer bag. Then I can store it in my freezer for days when I have time to eat but not all the time to prepare my food. I simply peal off the Ziploc bag and place the frozen meal in the crockpot. Cooking it on low for 8 - 10 hours is perfect for coming home to a hot dinner.
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced (fresh, frozen or canned)
- 1 cup green peppers, sliced (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup onions, chopped (fresh or frozen)
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 Tablespoon canned tomato paste
- 14 1/2 oz canned crushed tomatoes
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Place chicken in a 3- to 5-quart slow cooker. Add mushrooms, green pepper, onion, garlic, tomato paste, tomatoes and juice, oregano, 1/2 teaspoon of salt and black pepper. Cover slow cooker; cook on high heat for 5 to 6 hours or on low heat for 6 to 8 hours. Taste just before serving and add remaining 1/4 teaspoon of salt if necessary.
Enjoy Good Food,