Easy, healthy steel cut oats, made in the slow cooker while you sleep! With pumpkin, cinnamon, and vanilla. This is like eating a pumpkin muffin warm out of the oven.
Pumpkin Overnight Oats.
- 1 1/2 cups steel cut oats (do not substitute quick cooking, instant, or rolled oats)
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups milk, any kind you like (I will use unsweetened vanilla almond milk)
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1/8 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed meal (or swap an equal amount of chia seeds or hemp seeds)
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves or allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
Place all ingredients in the crockpot and cook 4 hours (on high) or 7 hours (on low) Since I am up well before my kids, I can put this together the night before and get the crockpot going at 4:30am. Otherwise just let it cook on low all night long. You'll wake up to all sorts of yummy smells.