Soccer season, kids working, a busy hubby, homeschooling and keeping myself sane is going to be a challenge this week. That is why I am relying on the crockpot to help serve up meals when my family needs them. We don't all tend to eat at the same time anymore. This is one of those meals that can stay warm and my family can serve themselves when they need to eat.
Coconut Lime Chicken
- 4 skinless boneless chicken thighs, about 1 1/2 pounds
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup red onion chopped
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons lime juice about 1 large lime
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper chili flakes
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk from a can or coconut cream
- pinch turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon arrow root starch
Sprinkle each side of the chicken with salt and pepper. Add all the ingredients into the crockpot. Cook on low for 6 hours.
Add the starch and water at this time if you're using it. You may need to raise the heat slightly higher to bring this to a boil to activate the starch. Once the sauce thickens reduce it back down onto low for another hour.
Serve with cauliflower rice with the sauce spooned over the top.
Add an extra sprinkling of cilantro & chili flakes
*I used baby kale and spinach on the bottom of my plate to add some greens to this dish and then topped with cauliflower rice. The greens and rice absorbed all of that good sauce!