I am not sure what triggers it but there are days when all I want to do it eat. What's up with that? Has that ever happened to you? I've figured out a few things that have helped me over the years to get rid of the munchies, so I thought I would share them with you.
Here's how I Kick the Munchies Back to Where they Came From:
- Distract myself with work. Making that work as far away from food as possible.
- Grab a hot cup of coffee or tea or water. I can give my stomach something to fill itself but making myself drink it slow because it is so hot often satisfies my need to eat.
- Reward myself. I actually will give in to the munchies but I set a timer first. If I can make it 30 minutes or whatever time I set, then I will allow myself to eat something. Often I forget what the timer is for.
- Take a walk. The outside air and the sun do magical things for our inner self.
- Put your mind on someone else. Write an email expressing gratitude, give a friend a call, or sit down to write a note on real paper. There is something about putting your attention on others that takes the focus off my 'want to have it now attitude'.
What do you do? If you have a tip that could help me next time the munchies hit please leave me a comment below. Who knows it might just be what I need to save myself from overeating.
To your best health,