It's Cold Out There!
My wonderful sister in law passed this recipe over to me a few years back. I love it. It is perfect on nights when the temperature is freezing. I usually double it because its not going to last long in my house. Let me know your family favorite recipe. If you pass it along - Everyone Wins.
Deb’s Zucchini Beef Soup
- 1/2 pound cooked ground beef or use left over steak or roast cut into bite size pieces
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 Tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 can diced tomatoes, do not drain (28 ounce)
- 3-5 zucchini, cubed
- 2 cups water
- 1 ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Pepper to taste
- Chopped parsley as garnish (optional)
In large stock pot cook onion, celery, and green pepper in oil until tender. Stir in tomatoes, water, seasonings, and beef. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until zucchini is tender. Garnish with chopped parsley if desired. Serves 6
To Your Best Health,
P.S. To find out more delicious recipes check out some tried and true favorites- click here.