At times, I am distracted by the many 'if only's'. If only I was younger. If only I was taller. If only I needed to vacuum my house just once a year. If only I had all my kids still at home. If only I had my dinners perfectly planned out for the next month. If only I could be just a tad bit more organized. The list could go on and on. Yet despite my characteristics, my personality, my age, my demeanor, my kids or even because of them; I count my life a success. And you should too.
- "Make the most of every opportunity"
- "Seize the day"
- "Do everything to the best of your ability"
These and many more sayings proclaim how valuable you are as an individual. We cannot all be successful in the eyes of the stock market. We cannot all be a hit when it comes to the models on Vogue. We cannot all be the boss of our company or the governor of our state. And yet we can all do the best in whatever situation we find ourselves.
Three tips to staying away from the Distractions of the 'What If's"
- Always be Thankful. Gratitude is missing is so many people's lives. We wish for this or that to change and yet we miss the blessing of all that is in front of us. When those 'What if's' come creeping into your day, shoo them away with being grateful for who you are, where you are, what you look and act like, and all those around you.
- Be pleasant. Every word you speak should be enjoyable to those you are talking to and easy on the ears of all who might be listening. We've all been in ear shot of someone else giving a piece of their mind to a store clerk or restaurant manager. In all that we say, say it like you would want someone to say it to you. Be nice and play nice.
- Be content. Those 'What if's' sneak up on us when we are looking at others and wishing we had what they did, acted like they do, go where they go and spend like they spend. I bet if you could jump into their thoughts they are just as human as the rest of us.
Today has enough to think and dwell on that is in the realm of reality. Stay in the moment and live it to be the Best Day Ever.
I know I still have it Better than 90% (or more) of the World - Best Day Ever