Team Challenge Time.
August 2nd begins our Ski Team Challenge. Summer skiing is amazing for several different reasons.
- The weather isn't too cold
- No need for snow suits, hats, and gloves
- You can hang out with your friends and not freeze
- And it will warm you up, just in case you were a bit chilly
In fact Summer Skiing is a team sport. Here is how our challenge is going to work. You'll need to Cr8 a team (see what I did there?). Each team will have 3-4 people on it. They do not have to be from the same training time. You can ski before or after training each day. I realize some groups will be skiing while a training session is just finishing up but it'll work - promise. You can ski a maximum of 2,000 meters a day per person. Which means your team can ski up to 8,000 meters each training day. You'll mark your actual meters on your team's Ski Thermometer. If we ski during the training session those meters can be counted towards your daily meters.
The team with the most meters at the end of August wins!
Need some inspiration?
- Dan from 6:15 has come into the gym and skiied since April. He just hit 800,000 meters! His goal is 1,000,000.
- Petra set up her own goal sheet. She has faithfully done skiing each time she comes into the gym. Her goal this month is 20,000 meters
- The 6pm ladies formed a ski team. They wanted to challenge others so we devised this Summer Ski Challenge. They have stayed after training and skiied together. They started with 500 meters and now they are skiing at least 2,000 meters daily.
There are already 15 Summer Skiing Thermometers posted in the gym. Start cr8ing your team now. Plan to show up a bit early or stay a few minutes later to ski. Your meters will quickly add up.
By the way if you have 4 people on your team and each of them skis 2,000 meters each training day in August you'll have a combined total of 128,000 meters. That's a lot.
Let the FUN begin,