Let’s face it, none of us enjoy being sick. With all the talk of Novel 2019-nCoV coronavirus, now is a good time to review some simple strategies to stay healthy. There are positive steps you can take everyday to boost the chances of avoiding sickness. Don’t accept the fact that “everybody gets sick” even if that just means a cold.
Boost your immune system with the following strategy:
- Eat a nutritious diet full of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants, and remember that sugar suppresses your immune system.
- Drink plenty of water
- Get to bed early and get a good night sleep – consistently!
- Exercise regularly. Your body produces antibodies when you train vigorously, boosting your immune system.
The CDC offers the following daily preventative actions:
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Throw the tissue in the trash after you use it.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand rub. We have a container in the gym.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth. Germs spread this way.
Keeping your training space cold and flu free
We have consulted with commercial cleaning experts as to the best cleaners and disinfectants to use. This solution is used to mop the floors in our Epsom facility, as well as disinfect the bands and other equipment. Alcohol based hand rubs are available to use as needed and after training.
Sharing of yoga is a big no no. A good quality mat costs less than $25.00, so please purchase one for your own use if you prefer to train on one. Please write your name on your mat.
Here is what we do inside the gym.
- In between classes, I wipe down any visible dirt/sweat. There are gym wipes available for you to use on the equipment.
- Once a day a general cleaning and sterilization is done of the gym and the equipment.
- This week I did a Spring cleaning. The deep cleaning just in case.
Let’s all pull together and do what it takes to stay healthy this winter!
Make It Happen,
Nancy and Dean