Keep junk food out of sight. And out of the house!
You can’t eat what you don’t have. Don’t keep junk food in the house, and if there’s a goodie jar at work, keep it out of sight. If you have tempting treats in sight, every time you walk by them you have to make a conscious decision to say ‘No’. Eventually the ‘No’ turns into “Well, just this once”, and pretty soon you’re back to mindlessly popping hundreds of calories of sugar into your mouth every day. Stay out of trouble by keeping sweets out of reach!
Please don’t buy into the “well, I only buy ice cream for my husband” bit. If you truly are going to eat healthier, you need to break your addiction. One way you can do this is to build better habits. Don’t be co-dependent. He’s a grownup, if he really wants ice cream, he can get his own.
Here are 10 more ways you can easily improve your health:
- Take a walk (or a quick jog if that’s an appropriate kind of exercise for you).
- Take 30 seconds to stand up and stretch something at least 3 times per day. Start when you wake up!
- If you haven’t started doing so yet, make sure you eat protein at breakfast.
- Think of something you’re grateful for.
- Put a vegetable or fruit on your plate every time you eat. Any plant, even a couple baby carrots or an apple slice will do.
- Plan the next day’s food before you go to sleep.
- Drink a glass of water.
- When you’re stressed about something, add on the reminder that you are smart and 100% in control of your actions and your attitude.
- Send a message to a friend or family member letting them know that you love them.
- Take three deep breaths. Don’t forget to smile!
Bonus Tip: Don’t play in traffic – keep junk food out of the house!
To you Best Health,