These are not your ordinary Brussels Sprouts! Colorful and tasty, the sweetness of the butternut squash and tart of the cranberries make this dish a great blend of fall flavors. You will love the crunch of the pecans too!
- 3 cups Brussels Sprouts
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 pound Butternut Squash
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 cups Pecan Halves
- 1 cup dried cranberries (no sugar added) You can also use fresh cranberries like I did. Roast them right along with the squash and sprouts.
- Peel, seed and cut the butternut squash into 1″ cubes, then toss with 2 Tbsp olive oil and 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon.
- Trim the ends of the Brussels sprouts, and remove any yellow leaves.
- Toss the sprouts with 3 Tbsp olive oil and salt and pepper to taste.
- Roast the squash and Brussels sprouts on separate baking sheets for 25-30 minutes in a 400 degree oven. For even browning, turn over for the last 10 minutes.
- When the squash and sprouts are done, combine them with the pecans and dried cranberries and gently mix.
To Your best health,