Dean and I want you to have the care your are used to whether you are able to come into training or choose to stay home. Everyone in the Cr8 Fitness family has already had a nutrition coaching program delivered to their email inbox. I will send it to your friends and family just let me know. (The invitation came from 'The Grateful Plate" so check your spam if you don't see it.)
Please be in contact with us daily. I am expecting to see you in person, or have a text, email, response on Facebook, a note in Coach Catalyst or a phone call every day. Let us know if we can do anything for you.
We have created this program to help you practice self-care and stay active over the next few weeks. If you are feeling well, self-care includes:
- Drinking plenty of fluids
- Getting adequate sleep
- Staying active and exercising regularly
- Eating plenty of colorful vegetables and fruits
- Minimizing stress
- Limiting alcohol
- Not smoking or vaping
- Washing your hands frequently
If you feel unwell, you need to follow the advice of your health care provider.
COVID-19 is a new illness that can affect your lungs and airways. It's caused by a virus called coronavirus. For more advice on how to protect yourself, visit the WHO website.
How to avoid catching or spreading coronavirus:
- Regularly wash your hands with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds. I have it on good authority that if you sing 'Happy Birthday' to yourself twice while washing you'll have washed for 20 seconds.
- Always wash your hands when you get home or into work
- Use hand sanitizer gel if soap and water are not available
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- Put used tissues in the bin immediately and wash your hands afterward
- Try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell
- Do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean
- IF YOU HAVE SYMPTOMS...
Stay at home if you begin to feel unwell, even with mild symptoms such as headache and slight runny nose, until you recover. This will help you to avoid contact with others and allow medical facilities to operate more effectively.
If you develop fever, cough and difficulty breathing, seek medical advice promptly as this may be due to a respiratory infection or other serious condition. Do not go to a medical facility but, instead, call in advance. This will allow your health care provider to quickly direct you to the correct health facility and help to prevent possible spread of COVID-19 and other viruses.
If you do need to stay home, do not leave the house or visit public places. Ask friends and family and delivery services to deliver things like food shopping and medicines – but avoid contact with them (ask people to leave deliveries outside). Try to stay away from older people and those with long-term health conditions. Try to keep at least 6 - 7 feet (3 steps) from other people in your home.
Don't Despair - We Got Options!
1) Get a little extra sleep, and then spend some time on a foam roller, stretching and flexibility training. You have enough knowledge to make this time productive.
2) Do any additional nutrition planning and prep work for the week. Remember you should already be on Coach Catalyst daily with Coach Nancy.
3) Jump on one of the training videos below. There are options for bodyweight only as well as band training.
4) Don't stress out!
Check out the options to get in a little exercise on your own. Use at your own risk, and if you shouldn't be doing something or don't know how - don't!
We're family so keep in touch,
Coach Nancy and Coach Dean